Each year, a jury of experts carefully evaluates the applications for the Commitment Award while considering the following questions: How charitable is the project? How much potential and sustainability is incorporated into the project? Will the prize money be used responsibly and effectively? Is the project likely to be actualized?
The jury consists of various members from politics, civil society and the private sector. The 2022 jury members are
- Yudy Andrea Novoa López, winner first year of the Commitment Award
- Carla König, Haniel Foundation
- Robert Burdy, founder of and coach at the Shibumi Leadership Academy and MDR (anchorman)
- Dirk Wegler, head of the Thuringian Center for Startups and Entrepreneurship (ThEX)
Previous jury members are i.a (affiliations according to the time of their jury membership).
- Marufa Akter, first winner of the Commitment Award
- Rupert Antes, Haniel Foundation
- Laura Bastine, BMW Foundation
- Michael Dirkx, Managing Director of the W.P. Schmitz-Stiftung
- Manuel Hartung, Tempus Corporate (Die ZEIT)
- Boris Lochthofen, Managing Editor at the MDR Studio Erfurt,
- Clara Peron, Founder and Managing Director of Value for Good
- Andreas Rickert, CEO / Vorstandsvorsitzender, PHINEO gAG
- Rita Süssmuth, former President of the German Federal Parliament and the former Federal Minister for Family Affairs, Women, Youth and Health